Artificial Intelligence (AI) is one of the emerging technologies that are shaping the future. It’s applicable in versatile industries, including medical research, cybersecurity, agriculture, finance, gaming, media, transport, and manufacturing. AI writing software is quickly becoming a must-have tool for content creators, ranging from bloggers to music writers.
Jasper, formerly known as Jarvis, is arguably the best-known AI-powered content creator. In this article, we’ll review five other AI article writers that are just as good.
How does AI writing work?
AI writing software utilizes the Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3 (GPT-3) model from OpenAI. This autoregressive language model uses its dataset to link phrases together by predicting the most applicable words in a sentence while maintaining context.
AI model received training in 2019 with roughly 570GB of data and utilized 10% of the internet as its source. This is a massive quantity of writing, yet it results in high-quality, original information for the most part. Yes, the AI will occasionally generate nonsensical data, but it produces excellent results around 80% of the time.
However, it’s possible the AI won’t always grasp what you’re asking for. Since GPT-3 utilized data up to 2019, your AI writing tool might struggle to understand new concepts from the year 2020 onward. A key example is the coronavirus pandemic, which spread across the world in 2020. Open AI is expected to release GPT-4 soon. This hugely-anticipated update will have more parameters, excel at multi-tasking, have fewer errors, and have a larger context window.
Why is Jasper impressive?
Most reviewers rank Jasper.ai as the best GPT-3 article generator for good reasons. This AI writing software offers over 50 templates to help create several content types, including blog articles and social media posts. This is the perfect tool especially if you suffer from writer’s block because it gives more than one suggestion for each content idea.
Jasper creates original, plagiarism-free content with superb SEO capability. It’s perfect for prolific content creators because it can churn out thousands of high-quality words in minutes. It also has various integrations to help with proofreading, plagiarism checks, and SEO among other tasks. They include WordPress, Copyscape, Grammarly, and Surfer SEO.
Other benefits of Jasper AI writing software include over 25 language options, an active Facebook community, and prompt customer care. It also offers comprehensive tutorials to help you harness the tool’s best features. Jasper currently has two pricing options:
- Starter at $29 per month. This plan has a 20,000-word limit and is suitable for short copy such as product descriptions and headlines. You’ll pay $10 for every additional 5,000 words.
- Boss Mode starts at $59 per month for a 50,000-word limit. This plan adds features that aren’t available with the Starter option. They include a blog post creator, long-form content, broader context, Jasper commands, recipes, and SEO mode. It costs $40 for every additional 30,000 words above the 50k-word limit.
Although users praise this revolutionary AI writing software, some also criticize its pricing. BossMode, which offers the best tools for content creation, can be expensive if you create lots of content. However, it still costs less than you’d pay human writers for high-quality articles.
The Jasper team also constantly updates it with new features. For instance, they’ve recently introduced Jasper Art, a tool that allows you to create original art by typing a detailed description. Although it’s still in trial, the results look impressive so far.
The best alternatives to Jasper.ai
Most AI writing software tools in the market use OpenAI’s API, which gives them access to GPT-3. They include the following Jasper alternatives:
Rytr has a clean and beginner-friendly user interface. Its flexible signup options include email, Google, and Facebook accounts. Although it doesn’t have an app, this AI writing software is compatible with mobile browsers. However, some text editing may overlap on smaller screens.
You can start writing in three easy steps: Choosing your preferred language, setting a tone for your content, and picking the type of content you want to create. Other steps include specifying keywords or phrases, choosing up to three content variants, and clicking on “Ryte for Me” to generate articles in seconds.
Rytr also has a convenient history tab that archives your previous content. Other features include:
- Support for at least 29 languages.
- Up to 21 tones for expressing various emotions, including casual, humorous, formal, convincing, worried, passionate, and humble.
- Up to 24 use cases that you can apply to various content types. They include email, business idea pitch, blog idea and outline, copywriting framework, and social media ads.
- The ability to generate SEO-optimized blog posts, high quality sales copy, YouTube video descriptions, professional emails, and creative content such as poems. You can do all this from scratch in minutes with the right commands.
- Tweaking options to improve your generated content. In addition to text editing, they include Paragraph, Rephrase, and Improve tools.
Rytr offers user customer support via email and live chat. The onboarding process for new subscribers includes a video tutorial immediately after you set up your account. This AI writing software also provides a Resources and Guide page with brief descriptions of its features.
Rytr’s biggest selling point is its flexible pricing model. You can start with the free plan, which allows up to 5000 characters per month. The other affordable pricing options are:
- The Saver plan, which costs $9 per month. You can generate up to 50,000 characters.
- The Unlimited plan for $29 per month.This option is suitable if you run an agency that generates lots of content daily. In addition, you’ll receive priority email and chat support, as well as a dedicated account manager.
If you want value for money, Rytr is the best option in this list. Sign up today to use its advanced features.
Although a relatively new AI writing solution, WordHero is just as capable as the other tools in this list. This tool helps you create more than 60 types of plagiarism-free content in seconds. They include Google ads, Amazon product descriptions, cover letters, fictional stories, food recipes, listicles, Quora answers, and SEO descriptions.
WordHero supercharges your marketing efforts by saving the time and money you need to create these use cases. Its features include an intuitive interface, fast editor and generator modes, a keyword assistant, and support for over 100 languages.
Although it provides unlimited word generation (with a fair use policy), WordHero’s pricing model makes it more expensive than alternatives such as Rytr. It offers two pricing options:
- $49 for the monthly option.
- $348 for the annual plan, which translates to $29 per month.
WordHero claims these are early access prices, meaning they’re likely to go up in the future. However, if you sign up today you’ll lock in the current price forever. They also offer a 14-day money back guarantee.
This versatile AI writing tool provides various creative features to help you get rid of writer’s block. Its templates include cold emails, real estate listings, marketing plans, cover letters, job descriptions, and business plans. It’s suitable for blog writers, social media managers, and email marketers.
You don’t need a credit card to try out Copy.ai. The free version allows up to 2,000 words, one user seat, over 90 copywriting tools, and a 7 day trial of the pro version.
There are different premium plans depending on the amount of words and whether you’re paying monthly or annually.
- $49 for 40,000 words ($36 for the yearly option).
- $99 for 100,000 words ($74 for the yearly option).
- $279 for 300,000 words ($209 for the yearly option).
- Custom pricing for more than 300,000 words.
Copy.ai also offers helpful resources, including a blog and social media community, to make the writing process easier.
Initially, Writesonic had significantly fewer features than Jasper. However, its developers have worked hard to make it one of the most robust AI writing software on this list. This writing app is appropriate for short-form content such as ad copy, SEO meta tags, emails, and e-commerce product descriptions.
It takes seconds to create up to 10 samples of unique content for each idea. You can also use Writesonic to generate detailed landing page variations then use the best for your digital marketing purposes. You can also export your samples by conveniently downloading CSS/HTML/JS code. This feature includes all images in the sample, making it ready for use without additional editing.
This AI writing software can also generate long-form content such as blog posts. The longer it is, the higher the likelihood of factual errors. It’s advisable to thoroughly fact-check every article you generate. Writesonic incorporates various tools to improve content readability and quality. They include grammar checkers, and sentence expanders, among others.
Although it has great potential, Writesonic still needs more development to match Jasper. It requires lots of polishing to create usable content. This AI writing software is more useful as a brainstorming tool to discover new topics and eliminate writer’s block. It has flexible monthly subscription plans ranging from $15 for personal use to $195 for agencies.
Peppertype.ai styles itself as a high-quality virtual content assistant trusted by more than 1000 businesses. It’s suitable for generating several different content types, including blog ideas and outlines, SEO-optimized meta descriptions, Facebook ads, Amazon product descriptions, and content rewriting.
In addition to content creators, Peppertype is ideal for various other professionals. Examples are founders, marketing teams, agencies, product managers, and SEO experts. It has three pricing plans:
- The Starter Plan, which costs $35 per month or $25 if you pick the yearly option. It allows one seat and up to 50,000 words.
- The Growth Plan, worth $199 monthly or $165 for the annualized plan. It allows 5 seats, each receiving up to 50,000 words.
- An Enterprise Plan for unlimited content generation. Although this option has custom pricing, it offers various additional features. They include custom integrations, human quality proofreading, and plagiarism checks.
Various features help you identify a viable AI writing alternative to Jasper. They include affordability, flexibility, high quality output, and customer support. Using these and more parameters, Rytr is the best option for content creators. Try it today and forget about writer’s block for good.
Disclaimer: This post may include affiliate links. If you click one of them, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you.